Saturday 21 January 2017

Susanne Taggart - Radio Presenter, Interview


http://jivetimeradio.co.uk/

How did you get started?

By Accident, although I have always loved the music. I was trying to get someone else to do a show for a station I was doing something else with. And the station owner said ''Why dont you do it?'' So I thought I should give it a try and it went from there. Now I also have my own internet station 'Jive Time Radio' with shows hosted by various presenters from both sides of the Atlantic, so you're bound to find something you like.


How would you describe the music you play?


I play tracks from the first days of Rock & Roll and Rockabilly through to the revival of the 70's and 80's, both traditional and obscure. I also showcase the acts on the circuit today, in my 'On The Road' section.



What got you into Rock & Roll?

I wasnt lucky enough to experience the culture and music back in the 50's, as I wasnt born till 1964, but I was around during it's revival in the late 70's - early 80's. I have always had a passion for Rock & Roll music. The proper stuff, not what they call Rock & Roll today, like Oasis, oh how that annoys me! But it seems to distinguish the two, we now call it 'Rockabilly' music today. I remember being involved with the Medway Teds back during the revival period, visiting many music venues in the 90's while living in Peterborough. I was lucky enough to run the Peterborough Rock & Roll with my husband Steve and two friends. 





What do you think os the UK's current Rock & Roll scene?


Unfortunately I dont get to see enough of it, but what I do see and hear about it seems to be doing pretty well. Although the clubs I attend in Manchester dont feel the Rockabilly music they prefer Jive bands, but some of them throw in the one or two odd rockabilly number and it still fills the dance floor. So in my opinion the clubs should entertain this gene more and maybe they will be surprised.


What have you got planned for 2017?


Not a lot at the moment but I would like to try and attend some of these Weekenders, but until then, it will just be the local clubs and any I may frequent on my travels, as I like to see the bands and help promote them by playing their music on my show.