Sunday 29 January 2017

Interview with The Accidents

Talking with lead singer & stand up bass man John Blackwell




Whats the history of the band?
The band is an evil offspring of a working rock & roll band. Being all family we have always been musically together and enjoying the music, especially the rockabilly side.  

How would you describe the bands music?
It is difficult to describe our music.....I think Charlie (brother & guitar player) thinks of us as if  'Rockabilly/thrashbilly & blues had a massive orgy...and the twisted outcome would be us'...I on the other hand would describe ourselves as a high energy fast paced rockabilly band with a touch of blues.

When did you start playing music?
I've been playing guitar since I was five then took up bass and double bass when I was ten. After that I learnt a bit of drums, piano and saxophone to grade 8 level, but bass is really my love. I went to see The Buddy Holly Show when I was really young and have been hooked ever since. My dad has always been working in bands, duos ets.. so have really been brought up with music, we all have. I've been gigging since I was ten.

Which artist first clicked with you?
I have always loved Buddy Holly for as long as I can remember and really got brought up with his music, then I discovered rockabilly...and WOW!




How do you see the bands image?
Erm bands image....I would like to say two sex gods and Keri on drums...BUT...we are probably more of a noise complaint on the scene...Nah, in all seriousness we are brothers and sister having the time of our lives and playing the music that we love.

Now that we've survived 2016 what do you see for the band this year?
For 2017 ALCOHOL is the way forward! We have got some great gigs and festivals lined up and we are working very close with a label on a 50/50 covers and originals album...watch this space...hopefully (lol)